"Working together to find the right college to fit your child."
Consultation and support
in all phases of the college admission process
Navigating the college admission process can be a stressful and overwhelming experience for families who have sons or daughters currently in high school. Due to large caseloads and other responsibilities, high school counselors often do not have time for the one-on-one personal attention needed to fully navigate the college search process. Finding the college that fits your child’s academic, social and financial needs can be a time consuming process that requires a detailed and comprehensive approach from a qualified professional.
Coates College Consulting uses this comprehensive approach in helping students and families feel more at ease with the entire college search process. The family will work directly with David Coates, a high school counselor with over 30 years of experience in assisting students and their families in all aspects of the college admissions and information process. David Coates has served as a Delegate, Vice President for Professional Development and President for the New State Association for College Admission Counseling (NYSACAC). He is also actively involved on the national level with the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC). Plus he has served on numerous College Advisor Committees both locally and nationally. His vast networking and experience have given him extensive knowledge of colleges nationwide and a strong commitment to helping students and families become more informed in this ever changing world of college admissions.
Examples of services provided by Coates College Consulting
* Personal and Career assessments to help determine needs
* Advice on standardized tests (SAT & ACT)
* An in-depth college search process to help find the correct college fit for your son or daughter
* A complete review of the college application:
* What application process to use to best meet your needs
* Tips and guidelines on how to write an effective college essay
* Assistance in constructing a college application that highlights your strengths
* Advice on scholarship searches and financial aid
41 Glendale Drive
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Or use our contact form.
* High School Counselor for 30 years
2011-2012 - President Elect
2012-2013 - President
2013-2014 - Immediate Past President
2016-2018 - Chair - National College Fairs Committee
2014-2018 - National College Fairs Committee Member
See About Us for more details